Oh man. I was just thinking about how I kind of miss those silly surveys we used to forward around on Xanga/Livejournal/etc., and then today Emily goes and posts one! Woo!
1. Would you have sex with the last person you text messaged?
Yes, if she was available (she’s not).
2. You talked to an ex today, correct?
Incorrect as of this moment, though today isn’t over yet. What a strange way to word the question.
3. Have you taken someone’s virginity?
4. Is trust a big issue for you?
Ultimately yes, it’s a huge issue, though the limit of what I share with people I “don’t trust” is really high.
5. Did you hang out with the person you like recently?
I haven’t hung out with anyone I’m interested in recently, though my still-beloved ex was over briefly a couple of days ago.
6. What are you excited for?
Nothing, really. I’m hard to excite, now more than ever. I was kind of excited to fill this out, since I was just thinking a couple of days ago that I kind of missed these idle survey things. :D
7. What happened tonight?
Well today so far I got up, puttered around on the Internet, ate lunch and watched half an episode of Parks and Recreation, and now here I am doing this. I lead a thrilling life.
8. Do you think it’s disgusting when girls get really wasted?
I think it’s disgusting when anyone gets really wasted regardless of gender.
9. Is confidence cute?
Eh, I’m honestly indifferent. Confidence is a good thing for people to have, but I don’t know that I find it cute or attractive specifically.
10. What is the last beverage you had?
11. How many people of the opposite sex do you fully trust?
Fully? None, at this point. Actually right this moment I don’t think I FULLY trust anybody of either sex. Shades of Question 4. :P
12. Do you own a pair of skinny jeans?
13. What are you gonna do Saturday night?
Nothing planned, so probably wander around my house alone until I cry myself to sleep. :D
14. What are you going to spend money on next?
Most likely dinner.
15. Are you going out with the last person you kissed?
16. Do you think you’ll change in the next 3 months?
I really hope so, but I’m not holding my breath.
17. Who do you feel most comfortable talking to about anything?
I don’t think I have a single person I’m most comfortable talking to about anything. I’ll talk to anyone about almost anything (see Question 4 again), and lately I find myself unwilling to talk to anyone about certain things because I don’t want to burden anyone with my bullshit that no one can do anything about.
18. The last time you felt broken?
19. Have you had sex today?
No. Not even with myself!
20. Are you starting to realize anything?
The moment I stop realizing things is when I die. (((<— what Nam said) <— what Nam and Jenn said)
<— what Nam and Jenn and Emily said, though I don’t know who Nam and Jenn are)
21. Are you in a good mood?
22. Would you ever want to swim with sharks?
23. Are your eyes the same color as your dad’s?
24. What do you want right this second?
Meaning, love, a cure for depression… oh, material things? Well there’s a lot of books/video games/etc. that I want, not that I have the effective time (time x utilization factor) for them anyway. I want a 3DS XL, and a WiiU, and a PS4 with an arcade stick and a XBone with a steering wheel set with a clutch pedal, though the latter two pairs don’t exist yet. Speaking of things that don’t exist yet I want Google Glass, and I want Google Glass to be good. Oh, and I want a new phone with good battery life and high storage capacity. Also there’s car parts I want. Oh and I want to go do trackdays again, moto and car. And a full suspension mountain bike. And a new TV that doesn’t lag. And effective heat for this damned cold house.
25. What would you say if the person you love/like kissed another girl/boy?
I’d ask if it made her happy, since at the moment I don’t have a right to say anything else.
26. Is your current hair color your natural hair color?
27. Would you be able to date someone who doesn’t make you laugh?
I don’t think so.
28. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
Something in a Modern Family episode I watched last night.
29. Do you really, truly miss someone right now?
30. Does everyone deserve a second chance?
Yes. And a third, and so on. Of course, depending on the person and the situation I’ll want these chances to happen far, far away from me….
31. Honestly, do you hate the last boy you were talking to?
Gender specificity aside, what kind of question is this? o_o I don’t hate the last person of either gender I was talking to, not even close. Actually I quite like both of them, which is why I talk to them.
32. Does the person you have feelings for right now, know you do?
Lol. I love these high school surveys so much.” Agreed, Emily! Yes, the person I have feelings for right now knows. Though come to think of it, there’s a girl I’m sort of interested in who doesn’t know (at least not from my lips), so I guess that answers the spirit of the question.
33. Are you one of those people who never drinks soda?
Nah. I drink soda far less than I used to, but not “never”.
34. Listening to?
The increasingly alarming variations in sound coming from my computer case. I don’t listen to music too much anymore except in the car, though I’d like to change that. I feel like I’ve lost my connection to music and I want to get it back.
35. Do you ever write in pencil anymore?
36. Do you know where the last person you kissed is?
Not specifically, though I could make an educated guess.
37. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Sure, since love is so varied.
38. Who did you last call?
Phone log says 24 Hour Fitness to reserve a racquetball court. If Skype counts, then it’s my parents.
39. Who was the last person you danced with?
If Dance Central counts, then Josh! :D Otherwise Alice.
40. Why did you kiss the last person you kissed?
Because I love her. Actually, I’m realizing that I’ve kissed someone on the cheek since then: the same answer applies, though the love is different.
41. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
I don’t remember exactly when it was–at least a couple of months ago, maybe more–but it was from Kara’s Cupcakes in Santana Row.
42. Did you hug/kiss one of your parents today?
43. Ever embarrass yourself in front of a crush?
I have no shame, so no! :D
44. Do you tan in the nude?
I don’t intentionally tan at all.
45. If you could, would you take back your last kiss?
Why would I ever take back a kiss?
46. Did you talk to someone until you fell asleep last night?
47. Who was the last person to call you?
48. Do you sing in the shower?
I sing everywhere. (Yes.)
49. Do you dance in the car?
Not really… occasionally for other people’s benefit. :P
50. Ever used a bow and arrow?
Yeah, in Boy Scouts.
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
The “portrait” part makes it probably high school. I’ve been in professional photographers’ photos many times since then, but never for a portrait.
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Not categorically, no. Any individual thing can be cheesy, and some musicals definitely are. I love musicals!
53. Is Christmas stressful?
It definitely can be. I find it most stressful when I’m single, so this Christmas probably will be. I’m not looking forward to it.
54. Ever eat a pierogi?
I think so, it’s a really vague memory.
55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
I LOVE PIE IN MY PIE HOLE
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
I’ve wanted to be a writer my entire life.
57. Do you believe in ghosts?
No, but I like the idea.
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
59. Take a vitamin daily?
Yeah. I don’t know how much I think it actually helps anything health-wise, but I don’t know of any major downsides, it’s easy to do, and there are incidental benefits… zinc has interesting effects. ;D
60. Wear slippers?
No, but I’ve been thinking about it. Damned cold house.
61. Wear a bath robe?
62. What do you wear to bed?
Nothing but boxers. It’s cold sometimes, but if I wear anything additional I usually wake up with it on the floor anyway.
63. First concert?
Geez, I don’t remember. Get off my lawn!
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
You mean we have loyalties between these now? o_o I only have Target nearby me.
65. Nike or Adidas?
66. Cheetos Or Fritos?
I like Cheetos better, but I like both…?
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
68. Favorite Taylor Swift song?
It is well documented that I have a hard time with favorites. Sparks Fly, Begin Again, Dear John, I Almost Do, Last Kiss….
69. Ever take dance lessons?
No. I want to though.
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
Not really… she can do whatever she wants!
71. Can you curl your tongue?
I can make a tube that points outward.
72. Ever won a spelling bee?
I don’t think I ever participated in one.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
74. What is your favorite book?
Altered Carbon + sequels, Bel Canto, The Sparrow, Singularity Sky + Iron Sunrise, The Time Traveler’s Wife… man, I really like tragic books.
75. Do you study better with or without music?
It varies, randomly as far as I can tell.
76. Regularly burn incense?
77. Ever been in love?
Who do you think I am? :P (Yes.)
78. Who would you like to see in concert?
I don’t really care too much about concerts, so anyone whose music I like. Rockapella would be nice, I’ve never gotten to see them live.
79. What was the last concert you saw?
Vienna Teng, I think? Actually regarding the previous question I’d definitely like to see her again (a third time).
80. Hot tea or cold tea?
Depends on the weather!
81. Tea or coffee?
82. Favorite type of cookie?
Peanut butter? Snickerdoodle? Not by much though, I love all cookies!
83. Can you swim well?
I swim functionally. Though it’s been a while.
84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
85. Are you patient?
“My degree of patience varies from total to utterly nonexistent depending on context.” Well said, Emily.
86. DJ or band, at a wedding?
I can see the appeal of both options.
87. Ever won a contest?
Yes, but nothing big.
88. Ever have plastic surgery?
89. Which are better black or green olives?
90. Opinions on sex before marriage?
It’s necessary. Gotta do the test-drive. Preferably lots of test-drives. This applies to all aspects of the relationship, but it definitely applies to sex.
91. Best room for a fireplace?
92. Do you want to get married?
Originally published at What Eug Thinks. Please leave any comments there.